[GRASS-user] Suggestions sought!

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 17 20:36:20 EDT 2009

All,

It's been proposed that I do some Grass-GIS demonstrations in the demo
theatre at this year's FOSS4G in Sydney (did I get that right?).

So I'm seeking the list's input as to what would make suitable
demonstrations.

There are some aspects that may count as "constraints" that I'd like to
work within:

- Because I generally run Puppy Linux, and I don't feel like remaking my
hard drive :-), I would propose running the demo from a DVD install. Any
input to that would be appreciated!

- What aspects of Grass would make good demos? (My own specialty is
using Grass for vector analysis; I would especially hope someone on-list
can suggest good raster demonstrations).

- What else can anyone think of?

I don't yet know the full logistics of what's expected of me - I need to
take some time for research - but would that can wait a little because
things are busy at the moment!

Cheers,
Richard Chirgwin