[GRASS-user] wxpython 3D view

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:14:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/9/21 Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>:
> As GRASS 7 will be TCL/Tk legacy free, someday somebody will implement
> most usefull NVIZ features into wxNVIZ (or whatever it's called).
> Still IMHO right now nobody is working on new features for NVIZ. I
> will return to attribute based vector styling as soon as I will have
> free time for coding, still it will not hit wxNVIZ for some time, as
> I'm still looking into old tcl/tk one direction.

> 2009/9/21 Ferruccio Sarra <ferruccio.sarra at tiscali.it>:
>> I encountered the same problem. Moreover (don't know at all the state of the
>> art...) I would know whether all commands available in tcltk NVIZ gui (like
>> keyframe animation) will be implemented in wx. Some news on this issue?

right 3D viewer in wxGUI (or wxNviz if you like) supports ~30% of
TCL/TK Nviz capability. Initial prototype has been designed within
Google Summer of Code 2008 project [1] by me. Currently I have no time
to continue with that development (probably the next year will be
possible for me). So any volunteer is welcomed, also GSoC project the
next year would be cool.

Martin

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz

--