[GRASS-user] reclass

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 23 05:39:10 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a problem reclassing a vector of polygons:

I have areas with unique cats and a column "value" as integer.
I want to reclass from column "value"
and ->here is the problem:
keep the value information to identify the areas.

In the manual it says:
No table is created for reclassed layer if column option is used and
column type is integer (there is nothing which could be written to the
table).

But couldn't be there a table with value-integer as cat?

So how can I identify areas with the "value"?

Thanks,
Achim

PS:
workaround would be:
v.to.rast with old values
update centros of reclassed map from that raster map
-> but it seems a bit in-elegant..