[GRASS-user] serious problem with "ROUND-OFF"

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Sep 29 06:01:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a problem, I really would like to solve, because many problems
occur in my theses in further steps.

What I do is:

1. I break lines at some lengths.
2. I use both vector- and raster-data for analysis, which is eg.
updating points with raster-values or converting lines and points to raster.

The Problems are (due to rounding or "non-snapping"?):
!Points from lines on the edge between two diagonal cells (see pictures)!
These points do:
1. not belong precisely to one cell (compared with the line they come
from (see picture v.to.rast.png)
2. These points sometimes don't lie on on the cells, the line is
referred to (see picture break.png)

Any hints are very welcomed!

Thanks in advance,
Achim