[GRASS-user] v.net.iso - service area

Johannes Sommer Johann.online at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 17:11:26 EDT 2010

Hi list,

recently I played around with the network functionality in ArcGIS. I generated so called "Service Areas" in a network dataset which return the regions that can be accessed in a network dataset based on several distances (in my example 150, 400 meters).

I wanted to reproduce the results with GRASS GIS and after a short search I found the module v.net.iso which seemed to fit my needs. It returns exactly the same results as ArcGIS did on isolines on a network, but I can't find any solution concerning the service areas.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to calculate zones (that is "build polygons from the end points of each network segment") from these generated isolines in a network?

Regards,

Johannes