[GRASS-user] Interpolation on a Grid

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 21:39:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I'd like to do an interpolation of xyz data points that
>> I have, and put the interpolated data on 100' x 100'
>> grid.  So that each 100' x 100' square has an
>> associated elevation value.
>
> depending on how many input points you have either:
>  v.in.ascii, g.region res=100, v.surf.rst

Unable to achieve desired result. I has nice contour maps using
following commands:

----------
v.in.ascii -z z=3  --overwrite input=survey.txt output=fieldData
v.build map=fieldData
g.region vect=fieldData
v.surf.rst input=fieldData layer=0 elev=DTM1
r.contour input=DTM1 output=contourVec1 step=100 cut=0
r.contour input=DTM1 output=contourVec2 step=20 cut=0
d.mon x0
d.rast map=DTM1
d.vect map=contourVec1 display=shape,zcoor
d.vect map=contourVec2 display=shape
--------

But to have elevation on grid could not figure out parameters for
v.surf.rst command. In GUI could not find input option.

Can you help me by giving complete commands with options and values as
per above example to have shown elevation at regular grid. I started
with resolution of 1 for a size of 100x100, and for grid I can have
resolution of 20.

Using GRASS 6.4.0RC5 on Ubuntu 9.10

Mine data  is small.

Thanks in advance.