[GRASS-user] Howto: Vector Digitizer in GRASS64 Linux

Pedro Roma pedroroma1982 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 07:20:50 EDT 2010

Greetings

Before I do some "practical" questions I have one "big question", why when I
do v.digit a Tcl/Tk digitizer appears instead of the Wxpython digitizer? I'm
running it in Linux with a recent grass64svn version?

Now, since I'm using tcl/tk I have some practical questions regarding
digitalization. My objective is to create training areas for classification.
I didn't find any tutorial regarding of how to use vector digitizer to
create training areas. I suppose that I need to create polygons and then add
"centroids". Right?
1- First I draw a boundary and close it. In v.digit toolbox I have selected
"Insert new record", in layer 1 and Category 3 and Mode "Next not used"
When I do "Close line (right mouse button) I get an error window stating:
DAtabase table for this layer is not defined". And the same happens for each
and every boundary that I define Uhm... WHat am I missing? I mean, what step
should I do before?
Thank you

Best regards,
Pedro