[GRASS-user] grib format data import problem with GRASS 6.5

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 21 10:44:54 EDT 2010

All:

I have built GRASS 6.5 svn (2010_04_10) with fftw, proj4, gdal (1.7.1),
sqlite, postgresql, tcltk,… When I try to import a grib2 file using
r.in.gdal I get a message that the file is not a supported format.
Running gdal-config --formats shows that grib is supported.

If I run on another machine, with a separate installation, but with
GRASS 6.4, on the same grib file, it imports without problems and I get
what I expect. Is there anything I should look for to help identify
what's going on with my GRASS 6.5 installation? I have been struggling
with this for several days and I am befuddled…

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams