[GRASS-user] TopoFlow and GRASS (or any continuous distributed hydrologic model)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 22 09:54:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, stephen sefick wrote:

> I would like to simulate the hydrology of a watershed.  Does anyone have
> guidance for this particular endeavor- especially with the help of GRASS
> GIS as a raster processor, or engine for model analysis?

   There are several hydrologic modules available for your use. The raster
manual (r.*) has details on each, and the wiki has a section on hydrological
modeling.

   The question you need to answer in order to get more focused help here is
just what it is you want to do. What problem are you trying to solve? What
behavior(s) do you want to explore? Specificity, and telling us what you've
done so far to educate yourself, goes a long way to helping you.

Rich