[GRASS-user] Again about direction

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Apr 23 06:42:17 EDT 2010

Sofina Natalia wrote:

> The problem is I don't have the values "direction" for vector points.
> The question ist just how can I extract them. I don't know the
> direction in vector points.

Well, points don't really have a direction. Can you be more specific
about the problem? when you said direction, I assumed you meant "flow
direction" as in hydrology. If the raster is a flow direction grid, then
the command below will upload the flow direction from the raster to each
vector point.

> /
> /
>> /If I understand correctly, you have a vector point layer with an
>> attribute column "direction". And you have a raster which also shows
>> directions. What you want is to add to the vector points an
>> additional column "Raster_direction" which shows directions from the
>> raster. Is this correct?
>>

>> If so then you have two simple steps. First add the additional column
>> to the vector:
>>
>> v.db.addcol <vector_layer> col="rast_dir integer"
>>
>> Then get the raster values into the vector with:
>>
>> v.what.rast vect=<vector_layer> rast=<raster_layer> col=rast_dir
>>

>> /
>>> /Many thanks.
>>>

>>> This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.
>>>
>>> This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.
>>>

>>>   /
>> /
>>
>> /

Micha Silver