[GRASS-user] Fw: Problems importing a common GeoTIFF

Miha Staut mihastaut at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 07:54:48 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Recently I have installed a fresh installation of GRASS 6.4 (weekly snapshot) with gdal-1.7.1 on a regularly updated Fedora 12. The import of common geotiff data that previously (quite old installation) seemed to work now yield empty rasters (r.report => only no data). I tried the binary format
as well as to single band (grayscale - 8 bit) converted tifs. The command used is as plain as it can get.

> r.in.gdal in=bla.tif out=bla

Any hints appreciated.

Miha