[GRASS-user] Error with sub-group while using i.gensigset

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 03:11:47 EDT 2010

[I haven`t been following this thread, so apologies if comments
are overly reactive, I'm just trying to make a general point]

Martin wrote:
> I was suggesting to remove this element in GRASS 7.
> Personally I don't know what is the reason of 'subgroup'
> element. I got no answer. In GRASS7 'group' could be more
> generic used for grouping also vectors, 3d rasters, etc.
> What do you think about that?

If you (or me or anyone right now) does not understand something
please do not remove it based upon a vacuum & assumptions. IIRC
subgroups are used by image classification modules. i.group -l,-g
should list members. In general the imaery modules do need an
overhaul for grass 7, mostly because they haven`t had a maintainer since grass 4/5 days. Granted there will be lots
of little bugs in these relative to more commonly used modules.

just cautious for things I am ignorant of..

thanks,
Hamish