[GRASS-user] Error with sub-group while using i.gensigset

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 03:35:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

2010/4/24 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> Martin wrote:
>> I was suggesting to remove this element in GRASS 7.
>> Personally I don't know what is the reason of 'subgroup'
>> element. I got no answer. In GRASS7 'group' could be more
>> generic used for grouping also vectors, 3d rasters, etc.
>> What do you think about that?
>
> If you (or me or anyone right now) does not understand something
> please do not remove it based upon a vacuum & assumptions. IIRC

well I was asking this question few months ago and I got no answer, so
probably I am not alone who doesn't understand why subgroups are
needed;-) I am just asking if concept of groups without subgroups
would be enough for GRASS 7.

> subgroups are used by image classification modules. i.group -l,-g
> should list members. In general the imaery modules do need an
> overhaul for grass 7, mostly because they haven`t had a maintainer since grass 4/5 days. Granted there will be lots
> of little bugs in these relative to more commonly used modules.

Right.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa