[GRASS-user] Compare GRASS versions

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 05:21:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

2010/4/26 Jenny Turner <jennyturner1980 at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Markus
> So the main reason for still supporting GRASS 6.4 is its stability right?
> For instance, do you plan to launch 6.5 as a end-product?

I think that GRASS 6.5 probably will be released (as technical
preview) - some enhancements, and mainly improved wxGUI. wxGUI in 6.4
is frozen for few months, wxGUI from 6.5 is still synchronized with
GRASS 7.0 wxGUI. But it doesn't mean that there will be 6.6 as stable
version. The related question is when GRASS 7.0 will be out (one/two
years?)

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa