[GRASS-user] Odd scaling issue with ps.map output and ghostscript ps2pdf

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 27 09:19:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Hamish wrote:

> no idea, but from now on I'll keep an eye out for it. :) perhaps an A4 vs.
> Letter papersize adjustment?

Hamish/Tom:

   For my most recent project I did not care at what scale the maps were
printed as long as the area of interest fit on the page. I noticed that
while I could specify a scale, ps.map adjusted that scale when the
PostScript was generated. Like Tom, I used ps2pdf and the scale did not
change in this step.

   While this does not lead to insight into the source of Tom's frustration
it's an observation that suggests ps.map changes the scale to fit the page
size and, perhaps, tweaking the margins or slightly shrinking the displayed
area would keep the scale at the desired 24K.

Rich