[GRASS-user] New version of the r.landscape.evol.py Landscape Evolution module uploaded to the GRASS Addons repository.

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Wed Apr 28 17:04:23 EDT 2010

Le 27/04/2010 23:59, Isaac Ullah a écrit :
> Dear GRASS users/developers,
>
>      I'm happy to announce that the Mediterranean Landscapes Dynamics Project
> has released a brand new version of our landscape evolution script "
> r.landscape.evol.py". It can be downloaded from the GRASS ADDONS SVN
> Repository in the LandDyn directory (
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/LandDyn).
>
>    "r.landscape.evol.py" calculates erosion and deposition values for a
> region (DEM) given climactic (rainfall) and environmental (vegetation and
> soils) conditions. It can iteratively calculate these values over multiple
> time-steps, and will produce new surface DEM's for each time step (using the
> previous DEM as input in the next time step). "r.landscape.evol.py" uses
> process-based transport equations to calculate erosion/deposition
> differently for different parts of the landscape (ie. flat areas,
> hillslopes, mass movement, small channels, streams).

Hi,

Could you give me more precisions on the recursive aspect and its
limits, for exemple do you think that your model could be applied to a
nord europe hydrologic setting ? The testcase shown on your website is a
wadi bordering the Jordan rift valley which is quite a different beast.

I'm also curious about how far back in time you did push your experiment
and on the way you did extrapolate the neolithic period settings.

Regards,

MORREALE Jean Roc