[GRASS-user] Stream flow direction map

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Apr 30 23:30:04 EDT 2010

Hi list!

I am sort of forwarding a friends question related to hydro-processing.

While there is a proper (vector) contour map and a very clean stream network
map (digitised from scratch upon topographic maps of 1:50.000) available, the
flow direction map is missing.

Is this information easily calculated based on available dem(s), stream
network(s)? Or should _definitely_ the user add this information while
digitising the streams?

I have read many past threads wrt "streams, flow, direction, accumulation" but
could not trace an answer to the above question.

Thanks, Nikos