[GRASS-user] Importing multiple files with r.in.xyz

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Aug 11 08:32:58 EDT 2010

  On 08/11/2010 03:10 PM, Hanlie Pretorius wrote:
> My apologies for my ignorance, but how do I get this to run in Linux?
> Am using Ubuntu 10.04 and GRASS 6.4RC6.
Samber's method will surely work, but you might more simply try as follows:

# start grass in a location which matches the txt file data
# change to the directory where your txt files are, then do
for infile in *.txt; do outrast=`basename ${infile} .txt`; r.in.xyz
in=${infile} out=${outrast} fs=,; done

# that's it ;-)
  --
Micha