[GRASS-user] ps.map issues

David Kindem dkindem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:05:42 EST 2010

Hi,

I've run into a problem using ps.map.  I'm trying to output maps that
have printed successfully before.  The map files overlay several
vector layers on a fairly large raster image.  In the past, the eps
files were created in about a minute, and were about 120 mb in size.
Now, the images take about 20 minutes to create, are over 2 gb in
size, and will not open.

The problem seems to be with the raster layer.  If I eliminate it,
the output is normal.  When I add it back, I get corrupt output
files.  The layer does display properly in GRASS.

It there a way to tell whether the problem is in the raster layer, or
in the eps processing routines?  I'm using GRASS 6.3.0-2 (Lorenzo's
binary) on OS 10.4.11.

Thanks in advance,

Dave