[GRASS-user] New page IGNF register and shift grid NTF/RGF93

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 14:14:34 EST 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Thibault Lemaitre wrote:

> I updated the tutorial in question. There was some problem in the previous
> version : the modification of the PROJ_INFO file was not good and the grid
> file needs to be in the nad directory of GRASS. The method explained by the
> tutorial, needs the administrator rights on Linux.
>
> Somebody knows more about the nadgrids specification in the PROJ_INFO file ?
> I mean, how to set a grid which is not in the nad directory of GRASS ? If
> there is this possibility, a simple normal user would be able to that.

You should be able to just put the full path in the PROJ_INFO file - does
that not work? If not can you post the contents of the PROJ_INFO file to
the list.

We should probably include the French gridshift file for datum
transformations NTF <--> RGF93 in the GRASS distribution, like we do for
the USA, Canada, New Zealand files. That would make it very easy to use.
How large is the file?

Paul