[GRASS-user] r.sun crashes on Windows XP SP3

LASZLO NAGY laszlonagy at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 1 12:52:18 EST 2010

Hi there,

Have installed GRASS 6.4 to explore it in a Win XP3 environment. One of my main interests was r.sun. Every time I try to run the module after specifying the parameters in the GUI it generates an error and crashes - unfortunately, error reporter does not allow copy and paste details of report. Is there a known issue relating to windows?

Have been trying to import an esri binary grid file (.adf). The esri file is unprojected, i.e. I can import it only as a x,y. I gather that there is no way to reproject from xy into a projection system. Am I correct? The imported file only displays in part. Is there a size limit (the file is c. 80k col x 40k row).

Haven't been able to find out how to display a vector file that consists of characters as codes that correpond to a file of polygons - only 'centroids' show.

Thank you.

Laszlo