[GRASS-user] Building areas out of contour lines

"Kilian Schönberger" KiSchoe at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 05:55:01 EST 2010

Hello,

I have got a SRTM tile and I built the contour lines with r.contour
then I tried e.g. r.surf.contour or to export closed polygons, but I am not confident with the results..

I am looking for a hint to find an efficient way to extract the areas between contour lines which have no boundaries...(?)

perhaps just adding boundaries could be a solution and export closed polygons after this... (?) - closing them by hand takes too much time. Perhaps there is a command to add boundaries to a given region.

thanks..