[GRASS-user] Building areas out of contour lines

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 3 09:34:16 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM, "Kilian Schönberger" <KiSchoe at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have got a SRTM tile and I built the contour lines with r.contour
> then I tried e.g. r.surf.contour or to export closed polygons, but I am not confident with the results..
>
> I am looking for a hint to find an efficient way to extract the areas between contour lines which have no boundaries...(?)

You mean to interpolate the pixels between the contour lines
(so: from vector contours to raster map) or to insert additional
contour lines?

If you want to do the former (interpolation), take a look at
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.surf.rst.html
The notes contain hints for contour lines.

Markus