[GRASS-user] 3d vector file

Matteo Toro ciccpaol at libero.it
Thu Feb 4 16:54:58 EST 2010

Hi,

starting from a 2d vector and using the v.extrude command i got a 3d vector, with the following settings:

zshift=0,  hcolumn=a_level (the column where the topographic heights are written),  type=line

the output 3d vector is regularly created and checking it with v.info i get at the very first line: B(OTTOM)=10 T(OP)=150  and also  "map is  3d: yes ". Everything seems right!

Starting nviz anyway, my file is not 3d rendered...i would like to know if the file is really 3d and the problem is only about nviz, or if the file is just 2d...

I would like to know it, not because of the 3d rendering graphics, but mostly because i need to create a script that works on the third dimension of the vector file to get the height differences.

thanks a lot!!!

PS: any idea about a script that returns the height differences???  :-)

Matteo