[GRASS-user] I.class empty Xmonitor

Luisa Peña luisapena1979 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:55:00 EST 2010

how do you start GRASS? by clicking on an icon or menu item, or with
> "grass64" typed at the command line in a terminal?

By typing "grass64 -wxpython" in my terminal.

> please try starting from the command line, and then also from the GRASS>
> prompt running 'd.mon x0' and i.class. --not from the GUI--.
> The interactive menus should be in text in the terminal, not in the
> Xmonitor.

After d.on x0 it printed
using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216
Graphics driver [x0] started

Ok it asks for input raster map, group, sub-group and output file and
existing files.
Then, it opens 2 monitors:
- 1 to visualize image (zoomed, signatures etc)
- other divided in two stating "use mouse now"
I suppose this is what it's suppose to be expecting from i.class module
right?

(I tried to save a file but it saved only # ==> But for now I just want to
fix this, before understanding what am I doing wrong regarding i.class use)

How can I do this inside a wxpython? :)

?? where does the x-terminal-emulator symlink in /etc/alternatives/
> point to ?

The file x-terminal-emulation at etc/alternatives is not a link but an
executable file.
doing nm x-terminal emulator I get:
nm: x-terminal-emulator: File format not recognized

x-terminal-emulator has the following code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w

my $login=0;

while ($opt = shift(@ARGV))
{
    if ($opt eq '-display')
    {
$ENV{'DISPLAY'} = shift(@ARGV);
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-name')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
push(@args, "--window-with-profile=$arg");
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-n')
    {
# Accept but ignore
print STDERR "$0: to set an icon, please use -name <profile> and set a
profile icon\n"
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-T' || $opt eq '-title')
    {
push(@args, '-t', shift(@ARGV));
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-ls')
    {
$login = 1;
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '+ls')
    {
$login = 0;
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-geometry')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
push(@args, "--geometry=$arg");
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-fn')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
push(@args, "--font=$arg");
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-fg')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
push(@args, "--foreground=$arg");
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-bg')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
push(@args, "--background=$arg");
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-tn')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
push(@args, "--termname=$arg");
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-e')
    {
$arg = shift(@ARGV);
if (@ARGV)
{
    push(@args, '-x', $arg, @ARGV);
    last;
}
else
{
    push(@args, '-e', $arg);
}
last;
    }
    elsif ($opt eq '-h' || $opt eq '--help')
    {
push(@args, '--help');
    }
}