[GRASS-user] I.class empty Xmonitor

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 08:40:18 EST 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 and GRASSsvn6.4.0 updated with an
> early January snapshot.

ok, it should be fine.

>  UbuntuGIS package? I don't have an UbuntuGIS package..

ok

> I installed the packages that are listed
> in http://grass.itc.it/grass64/source/REQUIREMENTS.html (more
> or less those).

Hamish:
> > It only opens the monitor for you if you select it from the GUI menu.
>
> It opens an empty/blank monitor but nothing else. no Interactive
> menu or what so ever.

ok.

how do you start GRASS? by clicking on an icon or menu item, or with
"grass64" typed at the command line in a terminal?

please try starting from the command line, and then also from the GRASS>
prompt running 'd.mon x0' and i.class. --not from the GUI--.
The interactive menus should be in text in the terminal, not in the
Xmonitor.

?? where does the x-terminal-emulator symlink in /etc/alternatives/
point to ??

does that work?

> Is is required that UbuntuGIS package?

No, that is not required, I was trying to figure out what you are using.

Hamish