[GRASS-user] to separate a polygon

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Tue Feb 9 10:50:43 EST 2010

well,
depends on what accuracy you require, but an automated method could
however fit your needs :
v.to.rast -> r.thin -> r.to.vect -> v.clean

i.e :
turn your polygon into a raster map,
perform a thinning on the resulting map,
turn back this rasterized/thinned network into a vector map,
optionnally clean extra nodes with v.clean.

Hope this helps,
Good luck,

Vincent