[GRASS-user] r.surf.nnbathy add-on

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 11:10:24 EST 2010

Vincent wrote:
> more than a question, I just send an advice to whom may be
> in the same
> issue : trying to re-install the r.surf.nnbathy add-on on a
> recent linux
> distro, I met a problem with its compilation against gcc on
> this step :
>
>         gcc -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic
> -fno-force-mem -ffloat-store -c
>         nncommon-vulnerable.c
>         cc1: error: unrecognized
> command line option "-fno-force-mem"

edit the Makefile and remove fno-force-mem from CFLAGS or
wherever it is.
or try the svn version of nnbathy from the google-code project
site.

> This addon is very usefull to me ; IMHU it should appear as
> a default grass command within surface interpolation methods
> (RST, IDW).

unfortunately it can't. It depends on the Triangle library
which is licensed for non-commercial use only, and that is not
compatible with the GPL.  So unless someone wants to come forward
and help Pavel replace the delaunay code with something freer,
it will have to remain as an addon. Lots of projects are in the
same situation because the Triangle library is rather good at
what it does.

Hamish