[GRASS-user] Two General Questions

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Feb 12 13:17:07 EST 2010

Rich Shepard pisze:
>   1) Can GRASS work with TINs for elevation determinations? I've not seen
> anything about it, yet I've read that it has advantages over raster-based
> DEMs for some purposes and wonder if there are any plans to
> accommodate this
> data structure.
No

>   2) Is there documentation on how to drape a bit-mapped image
> (specifically
> from Google maps) over a shaded relief map?
d.rast -o see d.rast
I also suggest nviz and nviz documentation.

I also suggest you  Open Source GIS a GRASS GIS approach by Marcus
Neteler and Helena Mitasova

> For my work,
> impressive visuals is critical to accepting technical results.
nviz give you really impressive visuals with maximum resolution ppm
images (require posterior GIMP post processing)
but please! read manual first.

J.