[GRASS-user] SVN Branches

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 09:39:37 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>  If there is a stable -6.4 release that's updated weekly, why is there also
> a -6.4 release candidate 5 branch? My understanding is that release
> candidates precede releases and are mooted once the version has been
> released.

Please indicate the URLs to better understand the confusion.

We have
- 6.4.release-branch from which RC5 was extracted some months ago
  -> weekly source code and Linux binary snapshots are generated
  -> daily winGRASS binaries are generated

- 6.5.devel-branch
  -> weekly source code and Linux binary snapshots are generated
  -> daily winGRASS binaries are generated

- 7.trunk
  -> weekly source code and Linux binary snapshots are generated
  -> daily winGRASS binaries are generated

If you indicate the suboptimal web page(s), we may be able to
clarify things there, too.

Markus