[GRASS-user] SVN Branches

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 17 10:55:42 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Markus Neteler wrote:

> We have
> - 6.4.release-branch from which RC5 was extracted some months ago
>  -> weekly source code and Linux binary snapshots are generated
>  -> daily winGRASS binaries are generated

Markus,

   Do I interpret the above that you extracted RC5 from the stable release?

   Here's the URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource#GRASS6.4>
and this is what I see:

GRASS 6.4

To extract the current 6.4.0 release candidate 5 (RC5) use the command:

   svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/tags/release_20090609_grass_6_4_0RC5 grass640_rc5

To extract the current 6.4.x release branch version (stable) use the command:

   svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4 grass64_release

   Are you developing both the stable and release candidate versions
simultaneously? Do both have identical code? If I want the patch you added
late last week which branch do I use?

Thanks,

Rich