[GRASS-user] Selecting Vector Map Segments Within GUI

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 01:27:21 EST 2010

Rich wrote:
>   And the winner is (the envelop, please) ... d.path.
> It actually worked
> more quickly from the terminal monitor because it hung
> while running in the GUI.

- try updating svn to r41074
- tcltk module GUI: it seems to be hit or miss when the output buffer
   will be flushed and you get to see the node+distance output. Maybe
   it saves it all up until you exit.
- wx module GUI: no module output makes it to the Output tab of the module,
   but if you know that left mouse button = set starting point; middle =
   set end point, and right click = quit, the graphical part seems to work.
   I've just added some on-screen help for that to d.path.sh in 6.5.
   for some reason it does not bring up the UI for d.path.sh, but brings
   one up for d.path. ?!

g.gisenv GRASS_GUI controls which flavour of module GUI you get, not
specifically if you are in gis.m or wxGUI.

actually via d.m is probably the most natural way to run this module.
 (just add the vector lines layer to the display layer list first.

Hamish