[GRASS-user] Re: Hydraulic Models With GRASS

Joop Goedbloed jlgoedbloed at hetnet.nl
Thu Feb 18 06:03:55 EST 2010

Hi Users group

Very interesting discussion:

Using Infoworks is a commercial package (very expensive) running with Windows.

There is problably an alternative with "swmm" swmm runs on linux with "wine"
but the source of the swmm-gui en the swmm-hydro-engine is available ( I don't know
its license exactly GPL??)
Possibillity the use of the grass gui interface en the grass database (sqlite or postgis) with the swmm-engine.

Joop Goedbloed

Margherita wrote:

Rich,

You can run HEC-RAS, 1-D flow model, freeware, only available for
windows (Gods bless virtual machines) and then you can use r.inund.fluv
(grass addon) to spread the simulation result upon the DEM. Note that in
order to use HEC-RAS you need measures of the river sections.

HTH
Margherita