[GRASS-user] Re: Hydraulic Models With GRASS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 18 20:35:10 EST 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Joop Goedbloed wrote:

> There is problably an alternative with "swmm" swmm runs on linux with
> "wine" but the source of the swmm-gui en the swmm-hydro-engine is
> available ( I don't know its license exactly GPL??) Possibillity the use
> of the grass gui interface en the grass database (sqlite or postgis) with
> the swmm-engine.

Joop,

   The HEC-RAS (and possibly other HEC models) will run under wine once I
learn how to do this.

   SWMM runs natively on linux. The GUI is only for Windoze, but the EPA
provides Makefile and instructions for building a console app for linux.
Good for them! Now we need to get other federal and state agencies to do the
same thing.

Rich