[GRASS-user] r.profile grass64_rc5 - grass7

Francesco Mirabella mirabell at unipg.it
Thu Feb 18 10:42:31 EST 2010

Hi all,
I am trying to use the r.profile module on a DEM. I have tried on both
grass64_rc5 and grass7 with wxpython gui.
In 64_rc5 there still exist the "old" option which allowed the user to
interactively select the end-points by mouse, but the function does not
appear to work as I get:
r.profile -i input=DEM output=profile
Using resolution [90.0161]
No socket to connect to for monitor <cairo7>.
I can use it only with the oldtcltk

In grass 7 the possibility to choose the end-points with mouse is not
there any more
can someone give hints??

By the way, the display profiler in the monitor works good in 64_rc5 -
not i grass7 (I guess it's the "old" d.profile") but I cannot see any
way to export the data in ascii format (distance-elevation) to load them
into a spreadsheet

more hints??
many thanks

Francesco

Francesco Mirabella,
Geologia Strutturale e Geofisica
Universita' di Perugia,
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra,
Piazza Universita' 1, 06100 Perugia (Italy)