[GRASS-user] graphically selecting multiple features

Kurtis Blaikie-Birkigt kblaikie at telus.net
Thu Feb 18 18:53:50 EST 2010

Hello,  I'm new to GRASS, coming from an Arc* background, and often find
that I'm approaching things from the wrong direction.  I'm using GRASS
6.4 with the wxPython GUI.

I would like to graphically select multiple features from a large vector
file and edit an attribute of those features.  (I have a poorly
classified polygon shapefile of hydrology and want to separate the
rivers from the lakes).  How can I go about this.  With v.what.vect I
seem to be able to only edit one feature at a time.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kurt