[GRASS-user] WxGUI issues: refresh and labels

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Fri Feb 19 15:42:33 EST 2010

Thanks everybody, I will just send one response!

First - Micha, thank you! I didn't even know there was another box to check.

Hamish wrote:
> Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>
>> Second issue: under some circumstances, the map
>> display doesn't change when I change a vector characteristic
>> (such as colour) and ask it to re-render.
>>

> is that asking for eyeball rerender or the full wipe-the-cache
> rerender? (second button in)
> or with either one/both?

Hamish and Maris,

Both. It is intermittend, which makes it hard to reproduce. But when it
happens, there's no choice but to restart the GUI.

>> I'm finding the TCL-Tk GUI is very prone to freezing
>> in this version, so I need to use the WxGUI.
>>

> I've never experienced that, can you narrow down when it happens/
> what triggers it?

Easily!

1. gis.m
2. Re-size map display

(2) frequently causes Wish to freeze and crash, but only on OSX. My
Linux box doesn't have any issues.

Cheers all,
Richard