[GRASS-user] Projection Units and Values Negatively Affect r.topidx Results

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 20:12:11 EST 2010

Rich:
>   Wow! After all of yesterday's anguish, 6.5's r.proj
> did the trick. That's teriffic! So, should I continue this
> project in 6.5 or revert to the 6.4 revision 41119?

the modules are the same, the only difference is the new -p
and -g flags in 6.5 which can save you some time by not needing
to use the v.in.region where-am-I trick.

the stable branch is recommended for production use.

> but at least I know the numbers and analyses are correct

as mentioned earlier, 'd.grid -w' to overlay a lat/lon grid
can act as a great reality check if you have a printed map
of the area you trust & can compare against.

Hamish