[GRASS-user] open source alternative to ecognition?

Marc Wieland marcwieland at gmx.de
Mon Feb 22 05:22:16 EST 2010

Hello everybody,

I am currently looking for an open source alternative to eCognition. I know the issue about how to emulate eCognitions object-based approach to image classification into GRASS has been dicussed before within this list, but I was wondering if there are any news considering this.
As I am new to GRASS and to this mailing list, I would be especially interested in your opinion about the feasibility of such an emulation and would be thankful for any remarks or information about ongoing projects and already existing tools.

Cheers,
Marc