[GRASS-user] r.watershed: Interpreting Visual Output Map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 22 18:11:17 EST 2010

   When I read the man page for the visual output map of r.watershed I see
that it's supposed to help me display results. I assume that it does this by
coloring the accumulation of surface runoff with sub-basin sizes between 0
and the threshold value.

   When I display the map with d.rast.leg The color scale of the legend is
blank. There are values from zero on the top to the threshold value at the
bottom, but no colors are displayed.

   How am I to interpret this map? How does 'surface runoff accumulation with
values modified for easy display' relate to minimum basin size? What are the
units of surface runoff accumulation?

Thanks in advance,

Rich