[GRASS-user] Location wizard error

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 20:36:01 EST 2010

Hamish:

Gilbert Ferrara wrote:
> To avoid this kind of problems, what is your suggestion in
> order to update GRASS, using weekly snapshots?

If you must have ubuntu-specific weekly snapshots, recompile
the package from source. see the debian/ dir in the GRASS source
code for details. Once you have the DebianGIS control files
downloaded, often it is as easy as checking out the SVN for the
6.4 releasebranch, then in a weekly cron job do something like

  make distclean && \
  svn up && \
  debuild clean && \
  debuild binary && \
  dpkg -i ../grass*.deb

(use pbuilder or cowbuilder instead of debuild if you like)

> > On Ubuntu 9.10/Karmic with the "proj" package
> > installed the path to the
> > EPSG file is "/usr/share/proj/epsg".
>
> Mine is pointing to:
> /usr/local/share/proj/epsg. I changed to your path and it
> worked. Question: Where do I define this path in order to
> change it automatically when I install/update GRASS?

the default is set at build time, but you can override it.

tcl/tk GUI:
# add this to ~/.bashrc (or set before starting GRASS)
GRASS_PROJSHARE=/usr/share/proj
export GRASS_PROJSHARE

wxGUI:
Config -> Preferences -> Projection tab -> EPSG file
  /usr/share/proj/epsg
(sorry no file picker for that yet)

or:
edit $GISBASE/etc/Init.sh and look for GRASS_PROJSHARE

Hamish