[GRASS-user] v.overlay Limited In wxPython GUI

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 23 12:46:13 EST 2010

   I tried to extract the streams within a specific drainage basin using the
wxPython GUI and the v.overlay function. It fails because it assumes the
operation is 'or' (set UNION) and does not permit the user to select a
different operator.

   To write only those streams within the named basin to an output file
requires the set operator INTERSECT, or 'and.' I did not see anywhere on the
GUI window tabs where the operator could be selected. If I missed it, please
point that out to me. Else, consider adding a widget to select the operator.

Rich