[GRASS-user] Interactive Vector Editing

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 03:57:20 EST 2010

Rich:
>   Do I run v.build or v.clean now to restore the
> boundary number to 1 from
> 6? Apparently, the boundary was split as common boundary
> lines were identified and separated.

typically boundaries do not have category numbers as it is ambiguous as to
if the attribute belongs to the area on the left or right of the line.

so area centroids hold the category info.

the exception is eg when a road splits two paddocks, and the road has
attributes like a name. but that is very rare.

so what you need to do is to remove one of the two centroids with
v.digit.

Hamish