[GRASS-user] Calculating Length Between Points On Stream Network

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 27 18:53:08 EST 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Try the v.net.* modules.

Dylan,

   I must be missing something. I put the e/n coordinates for the
upstream/downstream points along the stream into a file called 'nodes'. Than
I ran:

GRASS 6.4.0svn (oregonM):/usr4/grassbase > v.net.path --o in=abernethy_creek
out=stream_length type=line < nodes

and saw this warning:

WARNING: Point 242551.880000,432149.700000 is not reachable from point
          0.600000,431305.070000
WARNING: 1 destination(s) unreachable (including points out of threshold)

   Here is the contents of 'nodes':

242856.60 431305.07 242551.88 432149.70

   Any idea what I've done incorrectly? Those points are on the stream itself
on the map.

Thanks,

Rich