[GRASS-user] Error while using Wxpython vector digitizer

Franz Schiller franzschiller1975 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:34:29 EST 2010

Greetings and happy new year

I want to create a vector file similar to another one that exists. To test
this I decided to use bridges at PERMANENT .
After I do "DISPLAY MAP" in map display I select "Digitize" from Map Display
toolbar. Then, wxDigitizer toolbar appears.
(so far, so good)
Then, I select New Vectorfile. A menu asking for output file name appears
and I enter new_input and after I press OK an ERROR WINDOW appears stating:
*Unable to initialize display driver of vector digitizer. see 'Command
output' for details.*
*Details: 'Non type' object has no attribute 'Open Map' ( ).*

At command output window the following text appears:
*New vector map <new_input at PERMANENT>  created*
*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*   File "/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/v*
*digit.py" line 233, in __init__*
*   mapwindow)*
*   File "/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/etc/wxpython/vdigit/grass6*
*_wxdigit.py", line 334, in __init__*
*   this = _grass6_wxdigit.new_Digit(*args)*
*TypeError: in method 'new_Digit', argument 2 of type *
*'wxWindow'*
*
*
Ok, could anyone explain me what is wrong and what can I do to fix it/solve
it?

Thank you

Best wishes,
Franz