[GRASS-user] Labels On Maps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 4 09:19:02 EST 2010

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Hamish wrote:

> tip: 'd.where -f' is handy for figuring out what at= should be set to.

   Minor trial-and-error worked well, too. Tweaking the x and y positions a
percent or two, and the rotational angle a few degrees got it properly
placed. However, as my later posts pointed out, using d.out.file moves the
text (and increases its size) relative to the monitor display.

> added as bug # 855

   Thank you. I don't know if this is something we mere users do directly.

> fixed in 6.5svn r40214. (will be ported to other branches asap) previously
> you just had to not use the bgcolor= option at all, bgcolor=none was
> leaving it in limbo.

   Strangely enough, it started working without the bgcolor= option. I am
using 6.5svn but I don't know the svn version number.

Many thanks,

Rich