[GRASS-user] d.out.file Usage (version -6.5svn)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 4 11:20:35 EST 2010

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Hamish wrote:

> this chuck of code should be doing that:
>
> #is there a simpler way of testing for --overwrite?
> if [ -e "$outname" ] ; then
>   if [ -z "$GRASS_OVERWRITE" ] || [ "$GRASS_OVERWRITE" -ne 1 ] ; then
>      g.message -e "File <$outname> already exists"
>      exit 1
>   fi
> fi

   I didn't see the --o/--overwrite option listed on the man page so I
assumed the code was not present in this module.

   Also, I _thought_ there was a ps.map module but I didn't see it on the
manual page because I did not scroll to the bottom.

   I've found ps.map and will learn how to use it for my output. Almost all
the printed maps will end up in LaTeX docs so either .eps or .pdf works for
me. Thank you for reminding me that this long-existing module is still
present and works.

Rich