[GRASS-user] Uploading bounding box of vectors to database?

Christian Schwartze christian.schwartze at uni-jena.de
Tue Jan 5 13:31:56 EST 2010

Just a quick idea, when an underlying postgres/postgis database is
available:

    - use v.out.ogr to import vector data to your postgis database, to
testtable
    - now db.connect and db.login
    - when connected, something like "echo 'UPDATE testtable SET
wkb_geometry=envelope(wkb_geometry)' | db.execute" should work
    - but not yet in the attribute table... (?)

...maybe too difficult.

Christian.