[GRASS-user] Searching Docs about 3D geological modelisation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 8 08:48:36 EST 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> That's actually right: given the presence of n different layer types in
> the vicinity of an empty voxel, the algorithm would need to decide by some
> sort of "majority vote" which type to assign to that voxel.

Ben,

   I'm not a geologist so I don't know how best to extrapolate from well
logs. I've used water well logs to determine the presence of impervious
layers and aquifer surfaces, but not tried to imcorporate those data into a
GRASS analysis. But your comment above makes me wonder if calculating
Veronoi diagram of these various layers would provide that majority vote.

Rich