[GRASS-user] d.out.file fails to create PDF output on OSX

Christian Kaiser Christian.Kaiser at unil.ch
Fri Jan 8 10:37:51 EST 2010

Hi everybody,

Probably a problem not linked to GRASS itself, but to packaging the Mac OS X binary...

I am having troubles using d.out.file when using the Cairo driver with GRASS 6.4RC5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It gives me the following output:

GRASS 6.4.0svn (Suisse):~ > d.out.file -cr output=/Temp/test.pdf format=pdf
Saving display from Monitor: [x0] to </Temp/test.pdf.pdf>.
Image size [977 x 668]
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/Shared/src/cairo/build/snow/intel/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
Reason: image not found
WARNING: No socket to connect to for monitor <cairo>.
WARNING: No socket to connect to for monitor <cairo>.
Forcing a smooth legend: too many categories for current window height
100%
WARNING: No such monitor as <cairo>
Screen export complete. (writing the file may take a small amount of time)
Image crop [636 x 443]
Done.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the libpixman-1.0.dylib located in /Users/Shared/src/...
I am using the precompiled GRASS 6.4 RC5-3 for Snow Leopard from Knygchaos.

I don't know whether there is a link with ticket #656 which describes a related problem and that was due to an installer problem.

Thank you for an indication what is wrong.

Kind regards,
Christian Kaiser